5/09/2010

Why do I do it?

I have always been interested in the military issues. History - especially history of the Second World War - is my hobby, but I have increasingly become more interested in contemporary military issues.

The purpose of this blog is to share ideas and link to topics, that may show how is military represented in the media and how military uses media. This blog is not about any particular comtemporary conflict or international issue, but will instead focus on the portrayal of the men and women in uniform, no matter the conflict they serve in. This media portrayal and media usage differs from country to country of course. I will focus on the western countries and specifically on the US Military simply because it has one of the largest militaries and also most likely the highest number of media sources.

It has been my feeling that people are unable to distinguish between the military personel and the conflict they are involved in. If people do not agree with the conflict, they are capable to turn their feelings into a displike towards the soldiers who are involved in that conflicts. Soldiers who went there because they were ordered to. My intention is to see how are soldiers and other members of the armed forces portrayed in the media - all kinds of media - and give examples of various portrals. I also intend to link to articles with interesting topics about use of media by the military.

This blog is simply about Media and Military.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat